[Washington State] Pomodoro/Node.js Pair Partner

Hello There!

I’m Taylor, and I have 2 kids under 2 years old! This makes finding time to pair extremely difficult as I don’t often get a chunk of time that’s guaranteed to be uninterrupted. That said, I am fiercely determined to get this pair programming project done! After around 7 P.M. PST, I am usually free, and I believe I should get some time during the afternoons on Tuesdays and Thursdays, though I can’t exactly guarantee that.

Setup

Usually, I program exclusively with NeoVim, however I understand that this would make pairing extremely complicated, so I have downloaded and mostly set up VSCode to be able to pair. Who knows, maybe I’ll just end up switching to it. For voice, I am open to either Discord or Google Hangouts, but the other options are not likely considering I am using Debian 10 as an OS.

Experience

I am absolutely not new to programming. I have been doing this for years and years. I’m just doing The Odin Project to really solidify my knowledge and help me get a job. I don’t mean to sound braggy, but I think that if you are someone who is new to programming, you should absolutely not expect to be doing things the way that I do (vim keybindings, i3wm, etc), and that’s okay! I’d love to talk about some of the ways I’ve learned to program more efficiently if you’re okay with it, but if not, that’s fine too!