Losing Node and Jasmine after install

After completing the setup for Fundamentals Part 4, I ran the helloWorld test and everything worked fine. I then closed the terminal, completed the exercise and opened the terminal back up. Now nothing is working. Nvm is the only install that stuck. “npm --version” returns “Command ‘npm’ not found, but can be installed with: sudo apt install npm” and trying to test anything with jasmine returns, "Command ‘jasmine’ not found, did you mean: command ‘jasmin’ from deb jasmin-sable Try: sudo apt install

I’m running all of this on Xubuntu 64-bit through VirtualBox if that makes a difference.

Hi, run this command

export NVM_DIR="$HOME/.nvm"
[ -s “$NVM_DIR/nvm.sh” ] && . “$NVM_DIR/nvm.sh” # This loads nvm
[ -s “$NVM_DIR/bash_completion” ] && . “$NVM_DIR/bash_completion” # This loads nvm bash_completion

As it says at the end this command loads nvm. When you open a new terminal you have to run it again.

To avoid doing this every time you can copy paste this line at the end of the file .bashrc in the home directory. Note that .bashrc is a hiden file. If it not exists you can create a file with the same name and it should do the same thing.

Every command you put in .bashrc runs each time you open a terminal, so nvm is loaded automatically.

If the command is already in the .bashrc probably is another problem.

Hope this will help.