JS Drum Kit - the tink is bugged, I can't get it to play

Currently working through the DOM manipulation section. Item #1 has got me stumped. I sort of completed it, but not really.

I’ve got a bit of a problem with the drum kit project from JS30. The tink just won’t play. I’ve got it to where it’s supposed to be, except that part. I’m missing something. Here it is on GitHub: https://mjae.github.io/OdinPrj/js30/01-JS_Drum_Kit/index.html.

Please look over the script and tell me which part needs fixing. Thanks

Really wish I had my final solution as I, too, had 100% completed it. But I suspect that this is definitely a bug, since my tab bar indicates that sound is playing, but you obviously can’t hear anything.
I even tested the solution itself from the official repo and it still didn’t work.

If I had to take a guess, the extremely short duration of the sound file is to blame here. Perhaps extending its length a little bit will work.

Okay these kind of things really irk me :joy:, but I think this should fix the problem. I added some silence to the original tinker.wav audio file so it wouldn’t be so short. It probably wasn’t even registering it before.
Let me know if it works for you! :}

Click here, then click “View raw” to download the updated audio file

Yeah, no kidding! It was bothering me so bad, but I didn’t know where to look.

Thank you so much! :joy:

1 Like