Hey! I’m Matt. I’m an IT professional from the UK. I’ve tried (and failed) many times to get properly into coding, but have had some limited success with Python and more recently Powershell so I’m hoping that this is something I can build on to finally nail learning some new coding skills!
Hey Everyone! I’m Kevin Millard and I’m from Arizona, USA. I’m expanding my skill set into coding for purpose of opening new job opportunities for myself, mainly to gain extra income for my family.
Someday, I hope to become a data scientist in bioinformatics, working with some of the top companies in the world to develop robotic prosthetics and/or exoskeletons. Web development and coding is just a way to get my foot in the door to IoT.
Hi everyone, my name is Jesus, I’m from Baja, Mexico. I already have a degree, but I haven’t been able to land a job as a programmer, now I haven’t coded it years for one reason or another, I realized there are a few things I need to know and I decided to start from scratch.
Hi, I’m Adam from Poland. I’m here to learn some coding
hi im a complete newbie here from philippines.i’m on the css/html assignment.exercises is good but i think someone should take it to another level.not just fill in the blanks.some like providing a simple web page,then we will try to figure out the html/css code used.just suggesting… thanks all
Hi TOP Community!
I am Sana and I am from India! I have just began my journey into coding. My inspiration is my husband who is a react.js developer and I aspire to become a coder like him some day.
Hello everyone am Emmanuel from Nigeria,am starting a career in web development so i believe Odin Project is a great platform for me to start with
Hello everyone! My name is Antonio, and i am a lawyer who wants to change my carrer. Hope we can all help each other!
- Where are you from?
- I was born and raised in San Diego, but now live in Philadelphia because I went to Swarthmore College and decided that I like it better here.
- What made you aspire to become a web developer?
- It’s such a complex story that I doubt I have the capacity to do it justice… or maybe I just don’t have the capacity to do it justice yet, but what I can say is:
- I’m a seeker of meaning in life.
- I want my work to integrate with the rest of my life.
- I want to use my intellect and curiosity to do work that engages me.
- I want work/life balance and a salary that will promote that balance.
- I want to achieve competency, perhaps even mastery, in a skill. But what’s even more import is that I:
- Continuously grow, learn, and keep myself on my toes because the potential for humanity is immeasurable and if I don’t continue to put in that effort, then I will be doing myself a disservice.
- I want the financial freedom and physical freedom to work from wherever I want, to have a family wherever I want, to be able to voice what I see to be true without worrying about the political ramifications or office politics. In a sense, I want the freedom to be myself authentically.
- In summary: I aspire to become a web developer to engage in a meaningful life and be as authentically me as I can be.
- What are your hopes and dreams?
- I hope to build a harmonious family with a beautiful, loyal, intelligent, and kind wife and lay down a rock-bed foundation that my children will be able to use to grow and pursue their passions and be as authentically them as they can.
- I hope to delve into foreign cultures and leave the United States, so that I can break down the cultural stereotypes and assumptions that I use almost unconsciously and get in the way of living life intensely… so that I can I can grow as a human and grow in my compassion and connection with humanity as a whole.
- I hope to have the financial freedom to do the above, to focus on activities that will help me become a better human, rather than feeling forced to focus just on “making a living” to support a family.
- I dream of a job in which I can say yes to what excites and invigorates me and no to what will take away from my meaning in life.
- I hope to get so skilled that I can:
- Refuse unpaid overtime.
- Refuse to be on-call after work hours.
- Leave unethical companies at the drop of a hat when I realize that they are violating my code of ethics.
- Take on meaningful, but not well-paid activities, such as helping out non-profits because I care, not because I want the money.
- Take sabbaticals that allow me to experience new cultures, new experiences, and open my mind so that I become not just a better human, but also a better developer.
Hi Everyone, I am from South Africa. Curiosity brought me here
Hi, I am Boris. I am here to learn to program. Let’s help each other!
I’m Emma, hi. I’m here to bridge what I know and what I don’t know.
Hello everyone! My name is Dan. I want to learn how to code. You could say I am an aspiring entrepreneur. I have realized that coding is the foundation to making my ideas come to life
Hello everyone. My name is Bisola, a Nigerian and practically new to coding. Looking forward to learning and meeting great people here
Hi, I’m a 30-something from Canada hoping to learn the ropes in coding and switch my career. I currently work full time as a machinist, but I’ve always been passionate about computers, media, and music. Looking forward to learning with all of you!
Hello! I am so excited to begin this coding journey with this community!