Introduction

Hi all!

My name is Miles and I’ve spent some time learning to code through Unity3D game development, but want to make a professional shift to web development as well. From everything I’ve read online this sounds like the best place to do it!

Hello, my name is Wills and I’m from Canada. I work in the IT field and I am slowly working towards becoming a software developer.

Hey TOP community,

My name is Steven Ashworth from the USA, and I just created this account on TOP. My whole life I’ve been a technology fanatic. My father was an engineer for Seagate, and helped me build my first computer when I was 12 years old. I’m 31 now, so you probably can imagine it was a windows 98 system with mere megahertz for power. Ha!

Anyway, I’ve joined this community, because I’ve spent my whole life in sales roles as a technical person, and I’ve never had control of my means of production. This has been the biggest struggle for me: always having great solutions for problems, but never being able to implement those solutions myself. The epiphany I’ve had, is that the things that I have the most beef with, are the things I need to be tackling. I’ve been talking big game about switching careers for a while now, and I’ve finally decided to pull the trigger. This is a huge leap of faith for me, so I need a good community to help me along the way.

I appreciate all the help, support, and advice you can spare! Sending all the good vibes out your direction, and I’m looking forward to the journey ahead.

Probably your only Irish-Korean member,
Steven A.

Hello, my name is Aaron. i am from the U.S. I love technology but I am new to programming. I wanted to learn and my friend suggested The Odin Project. I am looking forward to starting my journey.

Hello,

My name is M. Davis, I’m a former engineer and current auditor. I’m also a soon-to-be mom for the second time and am looking for a way to break out of the 9-5 which I’m currently stuck in. I’m excited to learn coding as a way to start a new career from a hopefully a stay-at-home style position. I have some background in coding from my former work and schooling in Mechanical Engineering, but am hoping to learn web development. The Odin Project seems like a really promising place to be able to learn, collaborate and work at my own pace around full-time work and my other responsibilities.

Anyway I’m super excited to work with you all and develop my coding skills over the next few months and possibly years.

Best of Luck!
M Davis

Hello! My name is Caryn and I am brand new to coding. Trying to follow in the footsteps of my mom who is a coder and my role model.

Hello, I’m NRcoder, I just finished the first section of Web Development 101 (How this course will work). I’m interested in learning to code as a new career, as the one I’ve been pursuing for a long time is just not working the way I expected. Thanks so much for The Odin Project! I will be able to learn at my own pace and decide if this is something I can be good at, as I’m fascinated by coding and learning more about technology! I plan to spend an hour or more each day on the lessons, as I do have a job and have been going to the university off and on, but am always very consistently spending lots of time on the internet/computer. I’ve been wanting to check into TOP, even though people have discouraged me changing my field of study. I’ve been down because I was unable to afford to sign up for classes this semester and after job hunting the last few weeks to improve my income and horrible working environment, I became disgusted and decided, why not try TOP now! I spent 3 hours today going through the first part of 101, reading through all the articles and links and setting up all the accounts. I’m very excited to work on Web Dev 101 (How the web works) tomorrow! Thanks again for the opportunity, because knowledge is power! And thanks for making me feel better, because now I have an avenue to learn new skills this semester despite my empty wallet! :smile: :tada:

Hello,

My name is Forest. I currently work at a bank and have wanted to change careers for a long time. I have always been extremely passionate about tech. I also have a creative itch that my career in finance just does not scratch. For this reason I am learning to code and am looking forward to the journey. :smile:

Hi guys, I’m Roberto from Brazil. I’m in search of a career change and I believe the Odin Project will be a great place to learn and share.

Hi everyone! My name is John and I live in Minneapolis. I want to learn full stack development to fulfill a mobile app programming dream I’ve always had. I’m glad to meet everyone and hope to have lots of fun together!

Hello everyone. I’m Paul from Nigeria and I am a medical student. I decided to learn full stack development as I have always been interested in tech. Glad to be here.

Hi I’m D from Canada. I’ve been teaching and traveling abroad and I’m looking for a new challenge. Hoping to go from 0 to Hero! Cheers and best of luck to everyone.

Greetings!

Suppose to tell my story, From MI, GO BLUE! The reason I want to get into Web Development is I’ve always enjoyed the thought of created something that everyone can see using the computer. Where I’m at currently professionally is not what I’m looking for and need a change. My long term, or where do you see your self in 5 years, is a Web Developer or a Software Engineer. Researching and seeing Odin Project always popping up finally just going to sit down and give it a go.

Hey, my name is Mikhail Jackson- I am just providing a response for the first assignment. I’m looking to further my abilities as a devloper through something user friendly(I chose this because my son is named Odin). I’ve had work in all areas from aerospace to snowboard instructor. Im constantly trying to break my mold and shape myself into something more. Lastly, Im a husband and father of four boys and want to further my career in a flexible way to provide both attention and stability.

Hi everyone,

My name is Marcin, I’m polish national based in UK for too many years to count now. Just joined the coding movement, and despite lack of actual experience, been really enjoying the first few lessons. Hope to speak to all of you as soon as I have started any project. Lots of love

Hello! You guys can call me Herculano. In early 2006 I always use computers just for gaming and chat. So when came Orkut I go through it and learn a lot of things. Then I make a course about maintaining and mount Computers in 2011. I go work and hang with other things that have nothing about programming or code, just a sell ship job And I’m here to close the gap between me and my future FullStack Developer self. Maybe this sentence It’s too ambitious but why not? I hope to learn as much as I can and hope that I can help others too! See ya! And of course: Thanks the Team TOP!!!

Hello! My name’s Will and I’m from New Zealand. I’m 18 and have always quite liked maths and computers so I’m going to start programming. I have an interest in creating interactive websites/programs that aren’t really practical but quite fun to use.

Hi everyone! I’m Aaron from Brooklyn, NY. I’m a theater artist who’s hoping to transition from restaurant work into a more sustainable job in the tech sector. I’m hoping that the creative problem solving aspect of coding will help in my own creative theater endeavors. Looking forward to collaboration with you all!

Hi, everyone.

After taking a long break away from school and practically any learning really. I’ve hunked down to finally become what I’ve always wanted to be (A software engineer). I’m very excited to start and will be here for the long haul I hope.

Hi. I’ve been self teaching for about 6 months. And I’m feeling very stuck. So, I’ve abandoned all my former learning methods for a moment to switch things up and try something new. Hello Odin! I’m not very good at asking for help, and I struggle to work with others sometimes. But I’m going to give it my all. My name is Meg, and I’ll see you all out there (in the forums).