Introduction

Hi Odin Family!

I’m an experienced sales guru and co-founder of two small companies.
A person with a really strong entrepreneurial mindset and want to learn the world of development to make concepts become reality :slight_smile:

Hello I’m Fernanda From Mexico, i have interest in learning to code and develop skills to work as a web designer.

I’m an experienced mechanical engineering wanting to learn how to make things for computers and satisfy my curiosity of how things work!

Hi Vilma,

Thank you for reaching out, I would love to have a study partner. I started today and am calling it a night at git basics. Jumping into development is something that I’ve been wanting to do for a very long time and am excited to get the ball rolling. I’ve dabbled here or there with things like codeacademy and others but never consistently stuck with it.

How much time are you setting aside each day for studies?

Hello!!

My name is Gabriela. I just turned 28 & am looking to transition into a more fulifilling career path. I’ve been interested in web development for about 2 years now & have just decided to start exploring if this is a plausible option for me.

I was born in Mexico, but have lived in the US most of my life.

My ultimate goal is to become a digital nomad and own my own business. I love traveling & learning about different cultures.

Hi
i’m Felipe from Colombia 23yo and i want to learn how to code, create and desing web pages.
i would love to work on my own and be able to manage my time

Hi Mr. Tech Junkie,

Thank you for your reply.

My goal is to study a minimum of 5 hours per day, but there will be days, like today, that it will not be possible.

Hi there, I am Hari, new and starting from a completely blank slate. That’s a good thing I guess as then I will be open to whatever lies ahead. Looking forward to learning and sharing more on these walls

Hello, my name is Stefen and I found my way here by way of my friends who are already full stack engineers. I had applied to a coding cohort and wasn’t chosen. After a few days of wallowing, I started to map out a new plan. and my friends pointed me here. I aim to start my own app development company after I think I have enough experience in coding. Thats the dream. I’ve always been interested in computers and once I learned that coding was more similar to cooking and math, I’ve become obsessed.

Hi I’ve been a graphic designer for 8 years and recently started using javascript to automate some repetitive processes in my design software. Turns out I really enjoy it! When I realised I was starting to put off design work to do coding tasks instead, I decided to learn more about web development and consider whether to make a career shift.

Hi, I’m Zi Hao Wang from Canada, I’m studying Compsci in UVic and I want to be able to build websites without having to use wordpress.

Hi, My name is Ali, from Toronto, Canada. I’ve worked in Tech for the past 10 years. I had a development background but have been working in Product for the past few years. I want to pick up Web Development so that I can help my small development team when they need an extra hand. Also aspire to build a few projects on the sides :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m Koya from Japan, living in Canada. I’m new to the coding world. I’m planing to lean coding gradually and consistently. Thank you.

Hello, my name is Jacob, I’m completely new to this and very excited to learn!

Hello, I’m Isaac from Alaska. I’m excited to get back in to the world of web development and thinking this is the best place to do it. Cheers!

Hi all!

My name is Miles and I’ve spent some time learning to code through Unity3D game development, but want to make a professional shift to web development as well. From everything I’ve read online this sounds like the best place to do it!

Hello, my name is Wills and I’m from Canada. I work in the IT field and I am slowly working towards becoming a software developer.

Hey TOP community,

My name is Steven Ashworth from the USA, and I just created this account on TOP. My whole life I’ve been a technology fanatic. My father was an engineer for Seagate, and helped me build my first computer when I was 12 years old. I’m 31 now, so you probably can imagine it was a windows 98 system with mere megahertz for power. Ha!

Anyway, I’ve joined this community, because I’ve spent my whole life in sales roles as a technical person, and I’ve never had control of my means of production. This has been the biggest struggle for me: always having great solutions for problems, but never being able to implement those solutions myself. The epiphany I’ve had, is that the things that I have the most beef with, are the things I need to be tackling. I’ve been talking big game about switching careers for a while now, and I’ve finally decided to pull the trigger. This is a huge leap of faith for me, so I need a good community to help me along the way.

I appreciate all the help, support, and advice you can spare! Sending all the good vibes out your direction, and I’m looking forward to the journey ahead.

Probably your only Irish-Korean member,
Steven A.

Hello, my name is Aaron. i am from the U.S. I love technology but I am new to programming. I wanted to learn and my friend suggested The Odin Project. I am looking forward to starting my journey.

Hello,

My name is M. Davis, I’m a former engineer and current auditor. I’m also a soon-to-be mom for the second time and am looking for a way to break out of the 9-5 which I’m currently stuck in. I’m excited to learn coding as a way to start a new career from a hopefully a stay-at-home style position. I have some background in coding from my former work and schooling in Mechanical Engineering, but am hoping to learn web development. The Odin Project seems like a really promising place to be able to learn, collaborate and work at my own pace around full-time work and my other responsibilities.

Anyway I’m super excited to work with you all and develop my coding skills over the next few months and possibly years.

Best of Luck!
M Davis