I'm having a problem with ''cd'' in the Project: Practicing Git Basics

I can’t get part 6 to work from the assignment in this part https://www.theodinproject.com/courses/web-development-101/lessons/practicing-git-basics?ref=lnav

I’m trying to test it. I’ve entered ‘‘cd git_test’’ but this gives me bash: cd: git_test: No such file or directory. I also tried ''cd -git_test-'' and then it gives mebash: cd: -g: invalid option
cd: usage: cd [-L|[-P [-e]] [-@]] [dir]

anyone know what’s up?

Type ls
to list the files and folders in the current directory.

Perhaps you spelled it differently? You should be able to see it in the output if you’re in the correct place.

As Eduardo mentioned above me, ls will show you the files in the current working directory. I have a feeling you either didn’t name your Github repository git_test, or that you have accidentally moved to a different directory in your terminal.

It may be worth it to spend some time practicing getting comfortable moving around your filesystem with bash. Try opening up another terminal and playing around with ls and cd. It is also super helpful to take advantage of tab-completion. Basically, hitting tab when you have a command partially typed out will like automatically fill out the command for you. Try typing cd and then hitting tab and see what happens!