HELP! please I'm stuck

Hey Im new here and this is regarding the web development 101 Poject: Your first rails application (https://www.theodinproject.com/courses/web-development-101/lessons/your-first-rails-application?ref=lnav)

I’m having a problem on steps 4.5.1 and probably the next steps after this…
so, when I opened VSCode first I noticed is that I cant see the <gem ‘sqlite3’ , ‘~> 1.3.13’> line in the gemfile so I don’t know which file to delete.

Same is through with step 4.5.3 I can’t find the config folder in the VSCode all I can see is config.ru right above the gemfile,… I cant find the config folder meaning I also can’t find the routes.rb file and this is where I’m stuck please help :wink:

Thanks

There should be a line saying gem sqlite3 without hte version. That is the one, it’s changed with a recent update to rails.

config is a directory that contains other files. It will be there in any rails app.

Thanks how about the routes.rb thing? I found the config folder but no routes.rb… thanks

Are you sure it isn’t there?

Can you show a screenshot of the contents of the config directory?

That’s the .config folder in your home directory. You need to navigate to the rails project folder.

is this the one?

Yes, there is a config directory there.

but can’t find the routes.rb thing

Well what is in that config directory?

This file is used by Rack-based servers to start the application.

require_relative ‘config/environment’

run Rails.application

just this

No, that is the config.ru file.

There is a folder above that called config/

You can see it on your screenshot above. Open that folder and there are many files within that. Open the one called routes.rb

owh!!! thanks!!! haha… i feel so s2pid

Awesome. You got this :+1:

uhm you still there? now I got another problem when I typed git push heroku master

fatal: ‘heroku’ does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Did you follow the instructions where you typed heroku create

You would need to have typed it when you were in the rails project folder in your terminal.

Thanks man! I type git push heroku master but I never saw the line
remote: https://random-words-73975.herokuapp.com/ deployed to Heroku

I don’t know if thats a big deal so I just moved on to the next step anyway thanks! :blush:

Ok dude. Sounds like a good plan.