Have learnt almost everything... Still can't make fancy websites =(

Hi
I have learnt things from html right down to javascript and I can now effectively use frameworks to cut the time to develop websites short.
But when I look at other people’s portfolios I realize mine is absolutely useless,eg. https://pierre.io/
I can’t figure out how to do that…

Have I done something wrong?

It depends on what you want to do with your skills.
You can’t compare yourself with other developers as there are many types of web developers.
Some developers are good at making 3D animations, some are good at UI/UX design, some are good at backend stuff.
These skills take a ton of time to practice, a lot of reading the doc, a lot of messing around.
I, myself, can’t say that I’m a skilled developer. But I can utilize what I know to build real websites for real customers. That’s what’s important, in my opinion.

If you are interested in that kind of 3D render in JavaScript, you can search for libraries, tinkering about, and soon you will be able to create that kind of stuff too.

Don’t let good designs discourage you. Let them be your inspiration for the next project (or try to copy them if you can).

Being a developer means you won’t stop learning (because you can’t).

Best,

Thank you so much
That reply gives me a whole lot more confidence and motivation.

I too have built about 3 websites for different companies which are currently live and good but nothing as visually fancy as that.
I need to further broaden my learning to 3D animations and UI/UX design =)