Going through The Odin Project even if I am not sure i want to be a full-stack developer?

So I started TOP about 2 weeks ago and have been working on it slowly since then and I have been liking it so far. My only issue is that im not sure that I want to end up as a full-stack developer. I know that it is a big-time commitment and I don’t want to waste my time with it if it’s not worth it.

that’s fine. You can switch track anytime and still keep your progress.

As the course is free and open source, it’s there for you to do as much or as little as you like, you can drop out and re-start as often or as little as you like.

What I would say is, coding and programming is useful knowledge to have if you’re working in any area of IT. A lot of the skills, tips and tricks you will be taught can transfer over to other areas of IT. For example, using the terminals and getting familiar with the commands and how to navigate around using the terminal, is useful in just about any area of IT.

Just do bits as and when you feel like it because no doubt the things you learn will pay off IRL and be rewarding.

That being said, at the same time, you need passion to be doing this; if you’re not passionate about full stack development then you may find a lot of the course and tasks boring. There’s a certain level of self discipline that is required to get you through this course, that discipline may be hard to muster up when you just don’t have a drive for this stuff.

The balls in your court though, as I said, if you can just do little bits now and again.