Getting the first Ruby app to work

I am in the process of deploying the ruby app, and i am stuck in the command ‘git push heroku master’ it gets through normally, but the next messages appear and it gets stuck in there:

The dependency tzinfo-data (>= 0) will be unused by any of the platforms Bundler is installing for. Bundler is installing for ruby but the dependency is only for x86-mingw32, x86-mswin32, x64-mingw32, java. To add those platforms to the bundle, run bundle lock --add-platform x86-mingw32 x86-mswin32 x64-mingw32 java.

Now my terminal is stuck in some way, if it is valid to say that, I can type anything in it, but it is like writing any kind of text and not actually commands, the normal green text showing the user and blue text showing the directory I am in right now are not present in the CLI

Can anyone help me with this problem? thanks :grin:

Did you install the bundle? I believe before you deploy it to Heroku it gives you a command for terminal to get a more recent bundle. Enter this in your terminal $ heroku buildpacks:set https://github.com/bundler/heroku-buildpack-bundler2

And try again, I’m no expert. I’m on the git section chugging my way along but it’s worth a shot.:hugs:

So I actually got it working just fine by opening a second terminal tab and start all over, since all the changes were already done, I could simply deploy the app. And I really couldn’t install a bundler because I couldn’t input any kind of command, just plain text, so if inputed for example ‘whoami’ in the terminal, it wouldn’t output the desired thing, it would just jump to the next line

Perhaps a process was running. When you close that first terminal did a prompt come up saying a process was running and are you sure you want to close it? Either way I’m glad it worked out!

Actually nothing was happening, since when closing the original terminal tab it threw me the same message as when I don’t have anything running, which is the message of are you sure you want to close it.