I got the google-homepage finished!
I have learned from this exercise that I really struggle specifically with positioning elements with CSS. I was able to get it through trial and error, and lots of reading. After completing it and taking a step back… wow, my code is a bit of a mess, but it works! I can already see a bunch of things I could/should do differently (and maybe I will re-visit this at a later date and compare my work). I’m really looking forward to digging in deeper, getting a better understanding of CSS, and diving into the next stages with JS.
Here is my google-hompage if you want to check it out: https://github.com/jmarndt/google-homepage