Can't Copy and paste in Xubuntu

For some reason, I cannot copy and paste into Xubuntu. I am not sure why. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Thanks!

Copy from where into where?

select the type of shared clipboard you want from Settings -> General -> Advanced.

Host being the OS itself and guest the OS you’re using on virtual machine (in your case xubuntu).

So you are trying to copy and paste from your host OS to the VM?

I have the same problem

@PointGivin & @fpriotti I suggest installing guest auditions in the Xubuntu guest. Try following again the steps mentioned in the guide

good luck :smiley_cat:

try using ctrl +shift+v when pasting into Xubuntu

I’ve tried this and I’m still not able to copy to or from my terminal.

Right now I am trying to copy my SSH from the terminal in Xubuntu Virtual Box. I have tried crtl+shift+c, I’ve tried right clicking>copy>paste, drag/drop, but nothing seems to work.

Are you trying to paste outside of vbox? You should open the browser inside Xubuntu, and only use that.

Yes, I was trying to copy outside of the VB. I see why that makes sense.

But there has to be a better way to browse in Ubuntu… Even in “full screen,” Xubuntu only displays a small part of the browser, and the is no option to click settings unless the browser is in full screen (see picture…there should be a dropdown for my profile in the top right corner)

My only problem now is that I can’t access the full website while using the browser in Xubuntu

It seems you haven’t installed the Guest additions.

Consider going back in the directions, in 101, and finding the directions to install them. That should give you a proper full screen

1 Like

Holy smokes!

Okay, that worked! I definitely went through that part of the lesson, but I must have missed something. Thank you for the advice.

If anyone else is having this problem, the steps to install the guest additions are Section 3 of 101, Set Up Git.

2 Likes